BELLEVUE, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Edifecs, Inc., a global health information technology solutions company, is participating in multiple sessions at the Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange (WEDI) 2023 National Conference Nov. 6-9 in Washington D.C. Dr. Summerpal Kahlon, M.D., chief medical officer at Edifecs, and Niraj Katwala, vice president of core technology at Edifecs, will lead breakout sessions on applying artificial intelligence (AI) in various facets of healthcare.
Edifecs, a leader in healthcare AI, has long offered cloud-powered Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) to deliver proven AI-driven solutions for payers, providers, and the healthcare ecosystem at large. The Edifecs AI-driven technology runs across frameworks, including risk adjustment, value-based payment, and prior authorization.
The 2023 WEDI National Conference focuses on many segments of the healthcare industry, and includes sessions developing strategies for AI governance, amplifying health equity, leveraging AI as a prior authorization tool to speed up healthcare, and building organization-wide AI strategies.
Edifecs’ 2023 WEDI National Conference Engagement:
Maximizing Value Through AI: Excelling in Episodes of Care
- WHAT: In the era of value-based care, achieving excellence in patient care is paramount. Episodes of care represent an opportunity to define, deliver, and measure the “right” amount of care for a particular condition. AI enables healthcare organizations to unlock new opportunities to maximize value across episodes. This session offers attendees insights into practical strategies that highlight how AI enhances opportunities to improve clinical outcomes, optimize resource allocation, and drive cost-effective care delivery.
- WHEN: Nov. 7, 2:15 p.m. – 3 p.m. EST
- WHERE: American University’s Washington College of Law, Grossman Hall
- Dr. Summerpal Kahlon, M.D., chief medical officer, Edifecs
From Thin Air to Precision Data: The Power of Generative AI in Electronic Data Interchange and Medical Records
- WHAT: Clinical decision support (CDI, HCC and DRG coding, HEDIS quality measures, and clinical trials recruitment) relies on unstructured clinical notes stored in the EHR. By integrating generative AI, the healthcare industry can take a transformative leap forward in predicting current clinical conditions and future clinical outcomes of members and patients. Join Edifecs expert, Niraj Katwala, as he delves into the world of generative AI, exploring how it is reshaping the future of clinical decision support.
- WHEN: Nov. 8, 2:30 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. EST
- WHERE: American University’s Washington College of Law, NT01, Ceremonial Classroom
- Niraj Katwala, vice president, core technology, Edifecs
The full 2023 WEDI National Conference agenda is here.
For updates on the latest news and announcements at the conference, please follow Edifecs on LinkedIn.
Edifecs provides market leading technology to its payer and health system customers, which serve nearly 300 million people in the U.S. healthcare market. For over 25 years, Edifecs has enabled customers to unlock greater value by aggregating, normalizing, and unifying data with its Best in KLAS interoperability platform. The Edifecs platform serves as the foundation for the solutions that eliminate stakeholder friction to overcome healthcare’s biggest challenges, including accelerating value-based payment adoption and obtaining more complete and accurate care funding for alternative payment models. Edifecs’ solutions incorporate natural language processing, machine learning, and artificial intelligence to provide deeper insights into patients, populations, and business processes. As new standards and regulations continually emerge from government agencies, Edifecs is a proven partner to ensure its customers maintain “evergreen” compliance. Edifecs customers include 24 of the 25 top commercial health plans in the country, 27 out of 34 of the Blue Cross Blue Shield payers, 35 of the 50 Medicaid programs, and 5 out of 10 of the largest health systems.